Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer Writing : from Alex, a 7th grader









Essay #6 : Six Flags Trip on the Fourth of July
This year my family went to Six Flags Great Adventures on the Fourth of July. My brother Hector did not join us because he does not like roller-coasters.  We had a blast at Six Flags and my brother Christopher did many rides. My dad went on Goliath with my brother, a really big roller-coaster with a gigantic drop, and he was dazed afterwards. I did a lot of carnival games to win prizes that were cool.
The first ride my brother and my dad went on was the Sky Screamer. My dad and brother liked the ride because it was not too bad to go on. On the second ride, my dad was reluctant to go on Goliath because he did not like large roller-coasters due to how big the drop is.  He had come out a little wobbly and shell shocked at the end of the ride that day. Right before the fireworks, we ate and did the carnival games that were held there. My brother and I kept on trying the ladder game but failed every time. We then did two more stands and I won a very small prize.
I had lots of fun spending the day at Six Flags with my family on the Fourth of July. My brother somehow had dragged my dad onto a mammoth like roller coaster. Surprisingly, my dad still went on the ride, but did not feel good afterwards.  While I was waiting for my mom and brother to get on a ride, I sat on a massage chair that was there.  All that you had to pay was twenty five cents to get it started every time.  Celebrating the Fourth of July at Six Flags was magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment